We are now open Monday-Saturday 10am-5pm. We can ship or deliver your order curbside Monday-Friday from 10am-4pm. Give us a call if you have any questions 218-464-4534, we are here to help. It is important to us that you keep having fun in the kitchen!
We've also included our COVID-19 preparedness plan for all who are interested.
COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
Duluth Kitchen Co. is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our workers and customers. To ensure that, we have developed the following COVID-19 Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Managers and workers are all responsible for implementing this plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our workplace and community, and that requires full cooperation among our workers, management and customers. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of our workplaces.
Management and workers are responsible for implementing and complying with all aspects of this COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. Duluth Kitchen Co. managers and shift leaders have our full support in enforcing the provisions of this policy.
Our workers are our most important assets. We are serious about safety and health and keeping our workers working at Duluth Kitchen Co. Worker involvement is essential in developing and implementing a successful COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. Our COVID-19 Preparedness Plan follows Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidelines, federal OSHA standards related to COVID-19 and Executive Order 20-48, and addresses:
- administrative controls for social distancing;
- customer controls and protections for drop-off and curbside pick-up;
- housekeeping, including cleaning, disinfecting and decontamination;
- prompt identification and isolation of sick persons;
- communications and training that will be provided to managers and workers; and
- management and supervision necessary to ensure effective implementation of the plan.
Screening and policies for employees exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Workers have been informed of and encouraged to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. The following policies and procedures are being implemented to assess workers’ health status prior to entering the workplace and for workers to report when they are sick or experiencing symptoms. Workers are also encouraged to recognize personal risk factors. According to U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), certain people, including older adults and those with underlying conditions such as heart or lung disease or diabetes, are at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19
- Duluth Kitchen Co. will conduct pre-shift screening and maintain a staff screening log.
- Employees displaying a temperature greater than 100.4 will be sent home.
- Employees displaying symptoms of COVID-19 should immediately report them to the manager on duty.
- An employee who becomes sick while at work will be immediately sent home.
- No employees will be allowed to work within 72 hours of exhibiting a fever.
- Symptomatic or ill employees may not report to work.
- When an active employee is identified as being COVID-19 positive by testing, CDC cleaning and disinfecting will be performed as soon after the confirmation of positive test as practical. In lieu of performing CDC cleaning and disinfecting, Duluth Kitchen Co. may shut down for a period of 72 hours to allow for natural deactivation of the virus, followed by a comprehensive disinfection of all common surfaces.
Duluth Kitchen Co. has implemented leave policies that promote workers staying at home when they are sick, when household members are sick, or when required by a health care provider to isolate or quarantine themselves or a member of their household. These policies are described in detail in the provisions of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and CARES Act.
Duluth Kitchen Co. has also implemented a policy for informing workers if they have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 at their workplace and requiring them to quarantine for the required amount of time. All employees will be notified immediately of exposure and will follow quarantine guidelines set by the CDC and/or State of Minnesota.
Basic infection prevention measures are being implemented at our workplaces at all times. Workers are instructed to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water frequently throughout the day, but especially at the beginning and end of their shift, prior to any mealtimes and after using the toilet. In addition, Duluth Kitchen Co. maintains hand-sanitizer dispensers (that use sanitizers of greater than 60% alcohol) that can be used for hand hygiene in place of soap and water, as long as hands are not visibly soiled. There will be a COVID Prevention Station stocked with tissue, hand sanitizer and a trash receptacle available for both employees and customers and will be stocked at specific times of day.
Respiratory etiquette: Cover your cough or sneeze
Workers and visitors are being instructed to cover their mouth and nose with their sleeve or a tissue when coughing or sneezing and to avoid touching their face, in particular, their mouth, nose and eyes, with their hands. They should dispose of tissues in the trash and wash or sanitize their hands immediately afterward. Respiratory etiquette will be demonstrated on posters and supported by making tissues and trash receptacles available to all workers and visitors. There will be tissue and sanitizing stations in the store for both customer and employee use in various locations.
Social distancing is being implemented in the workplace through the following engineering and administrative controls: The minimum number of staff based on the business, will be allowed in the store at one time. All staff are required to maintain six feet of distance between themselves and customers. Signage is provided at all entrances and throughout the store reminding customers and staff of distancing guidelines and where to stand. Masks will be provided for all staff including daily wear re-useable masks as well as single-use masks. All employees are required and customers are requested to wear masks in the store and while delivering merchandise curbside. Gloves will be provided for cleaning and curbside delivery as well as hand sanitizer for both customers and employees. All register areas where customer interaction of less than 6 feet is necessary, will have a plexiglass barrier. During curbside pickup, customers and employees are asked to wear masks. Employees are asked to deliver merchandise bags curbside using disposable gloves. Employees will place bags in either passenger side of car or in back trunk/hatch. Customers are asked to stay in their vehicle. Workers, visitors, and customers are prohibited from gathering in groups. Workers and visitors are prohibited from gathering in confined areas, including elevators, and from using other workers’ personal protective equipment.
To fully protect our employees and customers, the manager on duty is authorized to immediately close the store if these social distancing guidelines are not being followed by customers and to send employees home that are unwilling to follow them.
Regular housekeeping practices are being implemented, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of work surfaces, equipment, phones, restrooms, break areas, meeting rooms, and drop-off and pick-up locations. Frequent cleaning and disinfecting will be conducted in high-touch areas, such as phones, keyboards, touch screens, controls, door handles, elevator panels, railings, copy machines, credit card readers, delivery equipment, etc.
The manager on duty will be responsible to ensure cleaning is done on a regular schedule and logged on the COVID Cleaning Checklist located on the wall in the cleaning backroom.
- We will frequently disinfect surfaces touched by employees or customers with an EPA-registered disinfectant. Gloves must be used when cleaning.
- Employees will be assigned a specific phone handset to use each day. At the close of business, all handsets will be disinfected.
- Employees will be assigned a workstation (cash register) to use each day. At the close of business, all keyboards, monitors and surrounding area will be disinfected.
- All door handles will be cleaned more frequently.
- Hand sanitizer will be available next to credit card readers for customers to use.
- We will not accept cash as payment, only credit cards.